Everyone Reads @ your library 2013 Mini-grant
Día: Diversity in Action – Día Family Book Club
- Application must be submitted online before February 1, 2013.
- Applicants must be a public library with a demonstrated need and the capacity to address the diverse backgrounds within their community and commit to incorporating Día into existing programs.
- Applicants must be located within 20 miles of a Dollar General Store, distribution center, or corporate office (please visit Dollar General’s Store Locator at http://www.dollargeneral.com/storeLocator).
- Applicants must have the capability to initiate a Día Family Book Club that will meet at regular intervals a minimum three (3) times.
- Up to 12 applicants will be chosen (6: population of less than 75,000 and 6: population of greater than 75,000).
- Awarded applicants will receive $5,000 to be used to initiate a Día Family Book Club. Allocated funds will be used in the following categories: marketing and awareness, programming, and book and material purchasing and distribution through club.
- All funded libraries are required to submit a mid-term and final report to ALSC along with photographs and a short summary of the event after each club meeting.
Please read through the Día 2013 mini-grant requirements and guidelines page prior to apply to this grant.
Thank you and good luck!!!!